BGN moves to dismiss 66 SPPG heads over violations
JAKARTA, thekabarnews.com—Indonesia’s National Nutrition Agency (BGN) is processing the dishonorable dismissal of 66 heads of Nutrition Fulfilment Service Units (SPPGs). This follows punishment...
Summary
- Indonesia’s National Nutrition Agency (BGN) dismissed 66 heads of Nutrition Fulfilment Service Units for disciplinary violations and food-safety incidents linked to the Free Meals program.
- Around 60 additional cases are under review, mainly involving disputes between SPPG managers and partner organizations.
- BGN emphasizes zero tolerance for food poisoning, corruption, and misuse of program funds to protect the integrity of the MBG program.
- To enhance transparency, BGN develops a digital system for parents and schools to monitor meal distribution and responsible SPPG heads.
- BGN aims to provide each MBG meal as one-third of a beneficiary’s daily nutritional needs, focusing on accountability and effective monitoring.
JAKARTA, thekabarnews.com—Indonesia’s National Nutrition Agency (BGN) is processing the dishonorable dismissal of 66 heads of Nutrition Fulfilment Service Units (SPPGs). This follows punishment violations and repeated food-safety incidents in the Free Meals (MBG) program.
BGN chief Sudaryono announced the action at a press conference in Jakarta on Friday, August 7.
The BGN is also reviewing around 60 additional cases, most involving disputes between SPPG managers and partner organizations.
“As of today, we have processed the dismissal of 66 SPPG heads who serve as government employees under work agreements. They were proven to have committed punishment violations. Repeated food hygiene incidents have also provided grounds for us to propose dismissals,” Sudaryono said in an official BGN statement.
The official figure differs from circulating claims that BGN had already removed 137 SPPG heads. As of August 9, BGN’s published record confirms that 66 dismissal proceedings are in progress rather than completed. Additionally, approximately 60 other cases remain under internal review.
BGN said the violations included indiscipline and recurring food-safety incidents. Moreover, the BGN will separately determine whether SPPG heads abused their authority or whether partner organizations pressured managers in ways that compromised services.
Sudaryono stressed that BGN would not tolerate actions that threaten beneficiaries or misuse program funds.
“We have zero tolerance for food poisoning, zero tolerance for corruption, shady dealings, skimming funds and other misconduct. Trust is valuable, but control is better,” he said.
The dismissals form part of a wider effort to protect the integrity of President Prabowo Subianto’s flagship MBG program. SPPGs operate as local kitchens that prepare and distribute meals to schools and other eligible beneficiaries.
BGN is also developing a digital transparency system. This will allow parents and schools to monitor daily menus, participating schools, food-preparation kitchens and the identities of responsible SPPG heads.
Sudaryono said users would eventually access real-time information by entering a student’s identity into the portal.
BGN also plans a broader public dashboard covering program implementation, although the agency has not announced a firm launch date. The platform remained under development as of July 27.
BGN has already published technical guidelines covering kitchen standards, food processing, nutritional composition and food safety.
The BGN says each MBG meal aims to provide about one-third of a beneficiary’s daily nutritional needs. This is according to its March 2026 guidance.
The new controls could strengthen accountability, but their effectiveness will depend on accurate data, accessible complaint channels, timely investigations and public reporting on sanctions and corrective action.
No Comment! Be the first one.