Sujiwo calls for swift action on Kubu Raya fuel queues
KUBU RAYA, thekabarnews.com—Kubu Raya Regent Sujiwo has called on state-owned energy company Pertamina to strengthen fuel-distribution monitoring. Recently, vehicle queues reappeared at several...
KUBU RAYA, thekabarnews.com—Kubu Raya Regent Sujiwo has called on state-owned energy company Pertamina to strengthen fuel-distribution monitoring. Recently, vehicle queues reappeared at several filling stations in the West Kalimantan regency.
Sujiwo issued the warning on Monday, July 27, after receiving reports that queues previously seen in Kayong Utara and Ketapang had begun appearing in parts of Kubu Raya, including the Wonodadi area. Local reporting also identified queues around Wajok and Sungai Ambawang.
“On behalf of the government and the public, I am issuing a warning and reminding Pertamina. Based on information circulating, including on social media, the problem previously occurred in Kayong Utara and Ketapang and has now started to spread to parts of Kubu Raya, including Wonodadi,” Sujiwo said.
“It is not yet as severe as the previous incidents, but we must anticipate it immediately,” he added.
Pertamina Patra Niaga later said West Kalimantan’s fuel stocks remained sufficient. The company attributed the disruption to a tanker that had to wait for higher water before navigating the Kapuas River. Afterward, it proceeded to reach the Siantan fuel terminal.
The vessel subsequently docked, allowing Pertamina to resume deliveries to filling stations. West Kalimantan Sales Area Manager Widhi Tri Adhi Hidayat confirmed the information.
“The queues occurred because the tanker was delayed in entering the Kapuas River channel last night. The vessel had to wait for the tide. However, it docked at the Siantan terminal this morning, and fuel distribution has begun,” Widhi said.
Pertamina is also evaluating whether consumers have shifted from nonsubsidized fuel to subsidized products, increasing demand at some stations. The company urged residents to avoid excessive purchases while deliveries return to normal.
Sujiwo asked Pertamina to map affected stations, monitor deliveries and coordinate with law-enforcement agencies, local authorities and community groups.
“First, conduct mapping and then carry out supervision. Do not allow this problem to place an even greater burden on the public,” he said.
Kubu Raya has experienced earlier fuel-distribution problems. In May 2026, difficulties obtaining subsidized diesel disrupted water transportation from Rasau Jaya.
The local government then issued a temporary fuel-purchase dispensation while transport operators pursued a formal allocation from BPH Migas. This was according to the Kubu Raya administration.
Ketapang also faced long queues in July after short-term maritime distribution problems. A tanker carrying about 1.93 million liters of fuel—including 901,328 liters of Pertalite and 884,276 liters of B40 diesel—arrived on July 15 to replenish supplies. The Ketapang Communications and Information Office reported the incident.
Sujiwo said residents already faced economic pressure, forest and land fires (Karhutla), dry-season conditions and the risk of saltwater intrusion as the Kapuas River receded.
Firefighting teams were still responding to fires in Kubu Raya on July 27, while dry waterways complicated access to water.
“Pertamina is a state-owned company. Immediately conduct mapping, take strategic, concrete and preventive measures, strengthen supervision, and collaborate with law enforcement, relevant agencies and community groups so previous incidents do not happen again,” Sujiwo said.
No Comment! Be the first one.