Yuliansyah’s lawyer is filing a slander lawsuit against 7 news sites in West Kalimantan
Pontianak, Thekabarnews.com – Daniel Tangkau, Yuliansyah’s lawyer, has officially filed a complaint with the West Kalimantan Regional Police (Polda Kalbar). He is launching a slander...
Pontianak, Thekabarnews.com – Daniel Tangkau, Yuliansyah’s lawyer, has officially filed a complaint with the West Kalimantan Regional Police (Polda Kalbar). He is launching a slander lawsuit against seven news sites.
He said the news sites defamed his client by alleging his involvement in a corruption case involving navigational fuel oil (BBM). Yuliansyah’s lawyer is filing a slander lawsuit against 7 news sites as part of his effort to defend his client’s reputation.
Daniel Tangkau, Yuliansyah’s lawyer, said after filing the report at Polda Kalbar on Tuesday (January 6, 2026), “Today, I formally reported to many news sites that have spread and amplified suspicions that my client committed corruption regarding navigational fuel oil,” he said. He added the reports caused significant harm and distress to his client.
Polda Kalbar has accepted the report
Daniel emphasized that the police have never questioned Yuliansyah, either as a witness or as a suspect in the case.
“We need to make it clear that investigators have never summoned, questioned, or named my client as a witness; identified him as a suspect; or designated him as a defendant to date. The public and the news sites should respect due process,” he said.
He cautioned against reaching hasty conclusions as if these claims have already received confirmation. Clearly, Yuliansyah’s lawyer is taking action with reports against seven news sites he believes have wronged his client.
He also said that some news sites were false to show pictures of Yuliansyah in an orange prisoner vest and handcuffs. This made his client look like an officially charged corruption suspect.
Daniel added that it is sorrowful. It is because some news sites showed pictures of our client in an orange vest and handcuffs. “That gives the public the wrong perception. We wonder if these kinds of things go against journalistic ethics and Indonesia’s press law,” he said.
Daniel says that Polda Kalbar has formally accepted the report. He said that seven news sites, including social media accounts and online platforms, had been included in the lawsuit.
No Comment! Be the first one.