Lippo Group CEO James Riady talks about Meikarta’s responsibilities to customers
Jakarta, Thekabarnews.com—After the Lippo Group CEO, James Riady, talked about long-standing worries about the company’s responsibilities to customers, the Meikarta mega housing project in...
Jakarta, Thekabarnews.com—After the Lippo Group CEO, James Riady, talked about long-standing worries about the company’s responsibilities to customers, the Meikarta mega housing project in Bekasi has once again gotten a lot of public attention.
James Riady asserted that the company has fulfilled all its obligations to buyers as per the agreements. He further stated that both parties have gradually reached settlements through agreed-upon methods.
The government’s plan to build subsidized rental apartments on a 30-hectare plot in the Meikarta area of Bekasi on March 8, 2026, has made the news even bigger. As a result, the move has reignited public interest in the project’s future and its commitment to homebuyers.
Public Housing and Settlement Minister Maruarar “Ara” Sirait said that payments to customers had been made in two parts. He explained that the process was a component of efforts to address issues that buyers were encountering. Furthermore, the government aims to rebuild trust in the project.
PT Mahkota Sentosa Utama (MSU) said that construction and handover were going very well from the developer’s perspective. The company said it had given customers more than 3,600 apartments. In addition, by the end of 2025, it had finished about 16,500 units.
The president of MSU, Indra Azwar, stressed that the goal of Meikarta’s development was to make a livable city that meets the changing needs of the community. He expressed the company’s unwavering dedication to meeting its long-term commitments to all stakeholders. These include residents, investors, and government partners.
Meikarta is more than just a property investment for many buyers; it is a way to get stable housing and a better life in the city. They have been waiting for years. However, recent comments from both the government and the developer give them hope that things are moving toward a solution.
Meikarta is starting a new chapter with the planned building of subsidized apartments and the ongoing transfer of finished units. We do not know yet if this phase will fully restore public trust. Still, for thousands of customers, progress on paper needs to turn into certainty on the ground.
No Comment! Be the first one.